Friday, May 16, 2008

Tyler Durden

Now I know as an avid MM practitioner I am probably supposed to hate this guy. I certainly disagree with some of his current theory as far as natural game. Well really I disagree with what it becomes when filtered through the forums. His explanation is amazing. I really want my Venusian Arts to match the Martial Art of Jeet Kun Do. Bruce Lee developed a style where you customize your martial art. I fight differently based on weight, height, agility, and a thousand other factors. Someone a foot shorter should not fight the same way, yet for thousands of years this was the martial arts practice. Lee revolutionized the entire Martial Arts world with one concept. And I believe this is the core of the Natural Game debate. Really, this is a just a great PR move. People are obsessed with nature, the environment, and going green, so of course they love a system that is congruent with this. For this reason I am developing a system called Organic Game. It will be the first pickup style that is completely carbon neutral. No harm to the environment. No animal testing.

Actually, I see a lot of value in this type of system. It's just that right now there is a strong trend to hate on routine based game. I think that if my system works for me, that is really the only measure that matters. It's so easy to get obsessed with impressing online puas whom I have never even met. What insanity. Of course my current rant is very derivative of Tyler Durden's current blog. I mean maybe I shouldn't advertise for him or whatever, but really I just want people that come to me looking for knowledge to know where more great knowledge is.

It is so easy to become obsessed with impressing the wrong groups of people. I really feel like TD has been reading my mind lately, I mean I just posted about how I am becoming too into impressing people I don't need to impress. I keep shifting who I want to impress, instead of actually breaking that poisonous cycle. I mean I post a lot on the forums right now, because I want to bring a lot of traffic here. The more people that read my blog, the more I work on updates and my game. It is a way of holding myself accountable. Again there is the risk that I shift too much need into the wrong place. Is it possible to actually live a life needing affirmation from nobody? I'm really not sure.

What I do know is that the best way to become a master pua is to take something from every style, however, most people approach this in the wrong way. They first read the game, go online, and download all the info they can get their hands on. They end up with a plethora of information and after 2-3 months pick a guru. It's the only way to keep from being overwhelmed. Then they forget the other schools, or hate on them, but they never seem to go back. I think this is totally the wrong approach. Instead we should choose one style as our foundation. Really master it and then build on that style based on our personal needs. I mean there are so many guys out there pretending to be funny and it's just not congruent with them, they have other skills. I am naturally funny, so my approach to humor is very different. My game is very humor-based because it suits my personality. I wing with guys who study RSD, Juggler, and Mystery. I don't really care what style someone practices as long as it works for them. It's the same with martial arts. I don't' care if the guy next to me studies kung fu, I care if it works for him.

I have no problem with people who use Natural Game. It's totally irrelevant. What I do hate is people who decide to post about how Natural Game is the answer to our pua prayers. I mean can you really read a book on how to act natural? But it's fine, just don't get trapped in Group Think.

Like I said read TD's latest blog is what inspired this post. Each of his posts is like 100 pages long, but it's well worth the journey. Find a base style, but don't be afraid to add other elements to it. I am always adding routines or jokes to my game. The core will always be Mystery Method, but that is just my foundation. I haven't actively studied Tae Kwon Do in ten years, but it's my base martial arts style. When push comes to shove, I fall back on the first kick I ever learned. Don't give up your style because it's no longer trendy.

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007