Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Sticking Points

I really learned a lot about my current sticking points from Stickler and Rokker this weekend. I need to massively escalate kino and isolation faster. I'm still in that phase where I don't realize what I can get away with. I isolated a girl when Stickler texted me and I just couldn't believe it. I said I need a drink and I don't wanna go alone. The girl was like wtf? I said you're coming with me, grabbed her arm and dragged her to the bar. Then we sat on a different couch and she never returned to her group. Except to go get her purse and come back to me. It was unreal. I also really need to stop my aa crap. Stickler helped me a lot last night. We were in a bar after the BC and I was exhausted, I smelled like garbage, and I was out of state. He just said stfu and open. I kept resisting, but finally I just did what he told me. I shredded a set. It was strong as hell. I really need to change how I open though, as he pointed out that I overdo it when it comes to my physical approach. I come over the shoulder almost too dramatically. So I will try to work on that. I also speak too fast in set. It's a sign of nervousness. It's doubly bad for me as I am naturally a fast talker from years of competitive debate. Ironically, as a kid I spoke too slowly. On the train last home Stickler yelled at me. I was talking about how sometimes I'm not in state and how I'm working on tapping to get through my AA (and it's helping some). And he just said stfu and open. He is so right. I am so successful in-set. It's really only the first 3 seconds I struggle with. Then I'm golden for 10-30 minutes. I can just stack routines no problem. The other thing I learned from Rokker is Escalation Anxiety theory. I didnt realize that aa is just one phase of this. Like at any given phase of a pickup it's easy to become anxious or fearful. Like if I move forward, I will blow the set. I get like this at isolation phases and close-phases. As I get over this I can look forward to more SNLs. I also have a ton of Social Circle mastery to work on. But that's not really a sticking point yet, as it's simply new information to work through.

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007