Friday, June 27, 2008

Punk

I went out to Punk last night with Sasha and his housemate. Sasha is a furious opener. He opens everyone and suddenly jumps into super state. I warm up slowly. I never really got into state last night. The music was lame and the people were arty and boring. I opened 10ish sets and at the end of the night I felt like I'd had a bad night. It's amazing what I find disappointing after just a few months. We ran a 3set early in the night that promised to come dance with us later. They ignored us for 2 hours, until I was dancing on stage with a couple girls around me. Then they absolutely loved us and ran across the dance floor at us. Social proof is shockingly powerful. We got pics with them. One girl was stunning in the face but had a big body. Damn shame. Even in the pics she is really pretty. I chatted to a chavy girl again and almost escalated into regret-town. Oh well. Overall I think I need to go to venues where there will be girls with personalities. I was shocked at how boring everyone was there. I'm really not into 18yearold girls anyways. But if a girl is that young, she's gotta bring something to the table. I almost fell asleep talking to everyone. Also, since when does it take 2 girl djs to be unable to mix? Surely one girl could trainwreck on her own? Ahhhhhhhhhh

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007