Monday, June 30, 2008

Eric Clapton, Hyde Park and the Rat

This could be a super long FR, as we (mostly Sasha) opened 20-30 sets on Saturday. He was in a sketch Sunday with a toy rat on a string, so on Saturday we took a stack of flyers with us and took that rat for a walk in the park. Turns out there was a big concert on, so we worked the crowd for maybe 8 hours. It was nuts. I will focus on the highlights.

I saw a Polish girl with a flyer for a Master's Course in London. Since I just did my first MA phone interview the day before it was totally on my mind. I ended up talking for her for maybe 30 minutes. I only left because Sasha needed more flyers. When I'm talking about something I'm interested in, it's so easy to be comfortable. I think that's an important lesson. I got her number, but she moved to London 4 weeks ago and lives with her bf so I think it's cold.....

Later on we opened a 3set. I got some pics of Sasha with his girl. He was on a different page than me. He really pushed the escalation, while my girl was dating the other 2 girls closest friend. So it was impossible for me to escalate. Eventually they turned from loving him to hating him. I stayed in set bc my girl was actually a really nice person. She is the first Croation I have ever met. She kept pouring red wine down my throat. After Sasha left the other 2 girls were hating on him. Then they started talking about how only beautiful people should date beautiful people and ugly people should stick together. I was really surprised at the time, bc the main girl talking was a solid 5. My HB was the only one staying out of the talk. The other 2 kept saying how her and her boyfriend will have the most beautiful babies to her though....

When I thought about it later I realized that the other 2 were expressing their own physical insecurities and also tryin to wedge between me an the Croation girl. Who they actually barely knew. They talked about how she was their friends first girlfriend ever and how he would be afraid to ever break up with her. I see the writing on the wall with that one. I got the girl's facebook and she already added me. The other two tried to stop her, but she was cool.

The really amazing thing that I learned was that two girls who ejected Sasha because of his fast screening process turned out to be really low value people. They were shockingly superficial and lacked personalities. If I had left when he had, I would have thought he lost a good set. But now I have a lot more respect for his fast-screening style.

One last set. We opened up 4 American girls with about 15 guys (nerds) sitting right next to them. I decided to try and overcome my limiting belief, but I think it might be real. American girls suck so bad. When a girl says she's American it's like her telling me she has 2 dicks. I want out of that set. I plowed and got a bunch of pictures with these girls etc, but the whole time I felt like I was trying to game pretty losers. They were even from the worst sorority my uni had. After 25minutes we ejected from pure boredom. Sasha was never able to succesffuly distract more than 2 of the obstacles at any time for me. And he is one funny bastard. I think that tells you all you need to know!

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007