Sunday, July 20, 2008

Harlequin

So yesterday I meet up with Mr M to talk out our club project for the next two months. He is out with some guys and I just start chatting. It's really natural and casual. I don't realize who anybody is. I just feel like I'm out with a bunch of normal guys. Joking around and relaxing. I mention how I lived in Japan for the past two years and Harlequin starts asking all about it. He is really interested. I have met a lot of really big names in game and in the music industry in my life, but I was really impressed. He just stinks of value. He communicates in a clear and emotional way that is so hard for me to describe. He is just a really nice guy who is deeply interested in what everyone has to say on an emotional level. We had a really good talk about Japan and later I mentioned my current sticking point about comfort when he asked about Rockstar. He just put his hand on my shoulder and asked me to talk through exaclty what my issue is. Ryan joined in as well at this point. They really helped me to understand it on a deep level. It was so profound I feel like it will take me ages to understand. But already I am really trying to constantly apply it to my communication. We talked about other things as well, but I learned a lot from Harlequin's subcommunications. I asked him why he is a life coach and he just started talking about how much he loves helping people and teaching people.

What separates Harlequin -
- If he asks a question, he wants to know the answer
- He always kinos when expressing an emotional point
- It feels like he is always interested and wants to help
- He is always either joking or speaking emotionally
- He remembers every conversational thread
- If he gets a phone call, he brings back the conversation right afterwards
- He is extremely honest



Just hanging out with this guy for two hours blew my mind. I was so impressed that Soul and I changed our plans last night just to be around Mr M, Ryan and him. It was totally worth it.

We ended up at a club that I just wasn't feeling. But at some point Harlequin decides he wants to coach me. He just took me under his wing. He explained so many things that it is going to take ages to absorb it. It was just two hours being near someone who really understands social dynamics. I think he talked to every single person in the club. He really isn't outcome dependent and it was really cool to see someone at the destination of all this stuff I am studying. I ran some sets with him and learned a lot, but I was so nervous. I rarely get nervous around names, but I was last night. I just plowed through but my game felt really jerky around him. I can't wait to apply all that I learned. I am going to a 2hour talk by him now, so I will probably write more later.

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007