Thursday, February 7, 2008

Spinning Records

I've gotten almost a week behind on this again, so my memory is probably not totally perfect, but I'll do my best. Last friday I had a dj gig at the student union at the university. It was kinda lame as the room they booked me in had no people in it all night. Now I kinda know the deal as far as that .....but it was a great opportunity for some sarging.
I had my wing with me and it was killer. So many girls under 20. At first I was really overwhelmed bc I really go for girls a few years older. I just like the early 20s vibe. I'm 27 myself. Anyways, it took me a long time to get my groove and I found it impossible to open sets on the dance floor. I know me and my wing were both trying the drug dealer opener to practice our kino, with moderate affect. The first girl I opened just said yes and basically turned her back on me. Then I tried using the oh my god opener on a girl, but I was so stilted that my body language killed it. My wing said he wished he had filmed it, because I did it so poorly.
Then we had an idea for a team opener we wanted to try out. We started taking pictures of each other and then getting cute girls to take a pic of us and then saying it was wrong and wrong and then getting her friend to do it. We opened one set really well this way and we were both in set for about 40 minutes with these two girls. I did my first palm reading ever and just made up everything (I have since learned how to do it for real..) and I even told one girl she had an international line crossing her love line and they both loved that.... We tried the camera routine on a few other girls and it went Pete Tong. A lot of them were too drunk to communicate on any level. Then he opened one girl with his patented I look like Moby opener. And he was in set for about ten minutes, but right as he brought me into the set because one of the girls was Canadian, his target's boyfriend showed up and blew us outa set. By making out with his girlfriend. This has got to be the best way to AMOG ever. ahahah.
Then my wing was convinced that one girl he heard was American, so I walked up to her a while later and said wow you look so American. She was from Hong Kong. It was hilarious. I stayed in my frame and facebook closed even while her friends dragged her away. She told me without me even asking.
I think those are the main sets of the night. A few other things happened where we just struggled to open. We had never been there before so it was really weird. Even tho I am a student, it just doesn't feel natural to me. Next time I will bring one of my new pivots to help.

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007