Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Long and the Short

Last night I'm out with a few friends on a friday night. My usual place wasn't letting people in for some reason, so I went to a nearby pub that I have been avoiding for months. I went there a few times and it was pretty lame, but last night it was heaving with sexy ladies. I was exhausted from work and time in the studio, so I really wasn't on top of my game. I just chatted to my friends a lot and peeped a few cute girls. One of my favorite pivots was out with a couple of HB5s and the old me would have definitely taken one home. I am not interested in that now. So I am downstairs getting drinks with one friend and I totally fail to open this one really tall brunette, HBLanky. I just don't say anything. It's 100% on me that one. I'll explain more at the end. Later on my friends are about to change bars, so I decide to give the bar one last run through. I am talking to one of my mates and the tall HB from before walks right up to him and hugs him and they start talking. He is super drunk and they are chatting tons, but he never brings me into the conversation. So I play it cool and start chatting to one of the HB5s when she comes past. I inject myself into the conversation with HBLanky at the right moment. We chat some and then decide to put some tunes into the jukebox. She ends up running off my mate and then the two of us pick a couple of tunes. We chat a bit more and then I eject at the right moment, leaving her available for a re-open later. I run into my mate and tell him I like her, because I want to see if he is into her or something. He gives me a look of disgust and says how can you like her? I think becuase she is so much taller than both of us. About an hour later I re-open her after spending time with some other friends who showed up and we chat some more. She told me where she works and some other basic stuff. He friend was in the middle of making up with an x who cheated on her on her birthday, so HBLanky was really upset about that. She never talked to me about that, which was cool. But between our conversations she was stressing with her other friends. She is really into American TV and we chatted about that. It was cool. I never went for the close. It just was never the right moment. She was too distracted.
I have a couple of issues that I am really trying to focus on now. The first is that I have just lost the plot with my game. I am starting to meander big time. I realize today that I never looked for IOIs or tried to really crank up attraction. I have plateaued and I don't like it. I didn't run any of my stock material or routines on her. I didn't tell any of my DHV stories and I barely kinoed her. For some reason lately, I have fallen into a rhythm that is not nearly tight enough. I really need to refocus and tighten my game. I am aware of it outside, but when I am in set my brain is just faltering. I really need to get over this hump. There was no reason for me not to close this girl last night. I mentioned the thing with her friend as an obstacle I needed to overcome, not as an excuse for my failure to close. The reason I couldn't close was because I had never really pushed myself through the attraction phases. Sigh. I need to just sit down and re-study my core method.

PS I went to the gym again today for 1-2 hours. I kind of lost track of time. I jogged about halfway there. Further than I was able to on Wed. I'm already feeling so much more vibrant. I rowed and used the elliptical machine and did some back and bicep weights. I weighed in at 99.40kg today. A small drop from earlier in the week, but I am keeping track of it all. I downloaded a program for my phone to keep track of my workouts. Hopefully I will stick with filling it out. Although I am not sure I will want to play with my phone when I am all sweaty.

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007