Sunday, February 10, 2008

The First Reading

So I just went to check on this blog and I realize that now I am over a week behind. I feel like such a bastard. I have about 6 blogs or something I need to write tonite. Hopefully, I won't mix up this week in my head. At least I know where to start. Saturday night, armed with our new palm reading skills me and me wing went on the prowl. For a Saturday night, everywhere seemed so dead. We started off at our usual haunt. We were outdoors, but under some umbrellas with plenty of heat lamp things. We sat down at a table waiting for the place to fill up when three guys surround us, accusing us of taking their table. One look and I knew they were low value men, so we tried to just leave, but they wanted us to stay. They joined us and talked our ears off for at least an hour but it felt like two. They even tried to get us to bounce with them. When we would try and stand up, they would grab us and be like please stay please stay. I can see now how to use social akwardness to keep someone as a conversational prisoner. They were heading off to another bar and kept asking us to go with them. They weren't gay even, just losers. I saw two of them when I was out the next saturday, but fortunately they left me alone this time. I don't want to surround myself with men who make me look lame!
We ditched that bar for lack of ladies and also the stink of those guys was all over us. Unfortunately, they had really broken our mood and I was no longer in my talkative state from Day Game. We bounced to a few different venues with no success. It was surprisingly dead for a Saturday night. We finally hit up this heavy metal kinda joint to see what was going on. The crowd was early 20s and alright. A lot of really lame dudes who photocopied each others ourfits and personalities. There was some stress between me and my wing at this point. Everytime I was about to open a set, he would give me a reason not to. Because we are both beginners we both have a lot of approach anxiety and he was bleeding into me. I talk myself out of enough sets. It was enough to really get to me. And even after I said something....When I saw a lovely 2set to open, he goes they have a guy with them. And I was like godam dude why are you telling me that? He was like I'm just warning you. When I am sarging solo I don't have that. I brought it up again that it has to stop and I think that it will, hopefully. He is just saying what was in his head when he hesitated to approach the set. We need to work more on just splitting up and meeting once we're in set. Anyways, he opened up a nice 2set on his own. A redhead and a brunette. I love brunettes for a fact. I was wandering around opening some sets with middling success. We went to the other part of the bar for a while, to see if there were other sets to be seen while the girls went smoking. Then the upstairs was too full and they wouldn't let us up for half an hour! When we got back up there, my wing brought me into set with him when he re-opened them. He quickly whispered to me which girl was his target, but I couldn't hear him. And their names rhymed!!!! I assumed it was the redhead because he was talking to her a lot, so I started really working the brunette. At first I stumbled a lot, as winging is as new to me as the rest of this and I almost ran bestfriendstest. I stopped in the middle and remembered not to run routines as a wing. Plus he's run a similar one anyways. So we both isolated which was really good. I did a really good palm reading on the girl. She was really into spiritual stuff so it was quite strong to do. I developed some strong kino, as this is my current project. Things went really well. Then the other two came back from the bar with drinks for me and my girl. It was cool that the HB bought the drinks. Then the girls switched on us and the redhead was all over me. I suddenly thought, CRAP! I am working the wrong girl. My wing must like the brunette. So I start talking to the redhead and start using some strong Cajun material and I am building attraction with this girl. Mostly, I am using the material to false-disqualify becuase I am unsure which girl I am supposed to be distracting. Then my wing takes the redhead outside to smoke. I do some kino escalation with HBrunette to the point of some hugging material and seeking IOIs. I make her qualify herself a lot to even things out and it's going pretty well. Anyways both girls went to the bathroom at this point and I finally found out for sure that the redhead was my wing's target. I was pretty glad since I really liked the skinny HBrunette.
They decided to punish us for leaving them so long earlier and just ran off when we weren't looking. We just didn't stress too much. My wing got overly AFC at this point. Like I kept saying we cannot stay here we need to move after 5 minutes because it looks so weak. Even tho we were having a great conversation and just comparing notes on our work. Finally I got him to walk towards the dancefloor. Just in time too. It had been twenty minutes and the girls walked past us right then and I could tell by the looks on their faces that they had been shit testing us! We didn't turn around to follow them and they were upon us on the dance floor within 3 minutes. Things were cool but I couldn't get into the right position. I was stuck next to the redhead. I tried to dance around her but she was moving parallel to me. Unfortunately, my wing wouldn't let me around either. He was missing all of my signals. Dancing for me is a major DHV, since I am one of the rare guys who can do it well. I don't wanna use it on his girl and mess up the set for both of us. Anyways we danced for like twenty minutes. Later on they disappeared again. My wing opened a lovely blond and I totally ruined a 1set. It was funny, so I will not keep it a secret. I walk over to this girl who is HBsmoking hot and I am trying to think of a good situational opener. I stand near her and start a text facing slightly away from her. This drunk AFC falls right onto me. I immediately open her with why do people fall so much around here? I tried talking to her for a minute. She was nodding a little but she didn't say any words. So I said can you talk? And said should I use sign language? She literally ran out of the bar. She was already looking down when I had walked over to be fair. But that is one of the worst things that can happen when you open someone I think. So now it can't get any worse. I mean I definitely went in the wrong tack, but why cry over spilled milk. Next time I will just stack openers!
When I came back my wing was just finishing up in his new set. The girl basically demanded a drink off of him. When he declined she got super embarassed and the set basically died. I wasn't there but I don't think that should have happened. Anyways the two girls found us again just as we were leaving. We danced some more. Yet again I ended up near the redhead. I felt isolated from the brunette which annoyed me. So I tried to dance past the redhead, but like I danced with her. And I dunno. But it got all messed up. We finally left and my wing was wicked mad at me for that! I realize looking back on all the mistakes I made as a wing. I read Mystery's wing rules and I am really working on memorizing them. I have learned how to better DHV my wing. So it was all really cool. But I definitely don't wanna make a mistake like that again.
But please remember that my palm reading went really well and the girl developed a lot of attraction off of it!

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007