Tuesday, January 29, 2008

South Africans

On Saturday Night I went out with a ton of AFCs I know to a little concert. Even though I'm changing my lifestyle, I still like to spend time with my friends. We get to the venue and there are a lot less people than I was expecting. On the train there I started talking about favorite animals with my friends (you will soon find out I love talking about animals). Anyways my mate's girlfriend said her favorite animal is the gorilla. I told her that a gorilla can turn it's head 360 degrees. She said no way that's owls. I countered with a gorilla can at least turn it's head 180! I mean I know that if you're chasing a gorilla it will be able to look right at you while it's running away....Gorilla's can watch themselves poop. No one believed me, so when I get to the venue I open my first mixed set (3girls2boys) by asking them about gorillas. I transition and root by telling them the discussion started with my friends about favorite animals. So we talk about favorite animals. We chat about five minutes then they all go outside to smoke and invite me along, I use this moment to naturally eject from set and join my friends who are talking to some girls they know. This gives me clear social proof and shows that I am a leader not a follower. During the course of the night we hang out a lot and when I discover they love magic, I have my mate perform a few tricks. They absolutely loved it. I didn't really pursue anyone in the set, I was just happy to meet interesting people from far away. They were lovely and I got one of the guys numbers and I am now facebook friends with all of them.

Sometimes it seems like this whole scene is about one thing, but I want to use the skills I'm developing to make my life and the world around me better. I think those around me had a better time that night and I know I did. I left the concert feeling really good. I am glad to know that I haven't lost my humanity.....yet.

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007