Sunday, January 27, 2008

New Wing

So I have started working with a new wing these past 2 weeks. A lot of people really think it's great to work it alone for ages, but for me it helps so much to have someone there to analyze my moves and mistakes and to work with in sets. The irony is that every time we go out together, the sets are really terrible. Our first night out we went on a Friday to 10 bars/clubs or something and nobody was at any of them. We opened 3 sets at 3 venues, but none of them were really worth closing. It was really good practice, but I mean for a Friday night that was really bleak. This week we went out on a Tuesday and didn't open a single set. We are both pretty new to the scene, so we made a lot of excuses....like it's hard to opene a sitting mixed 9set....she is huge.....or there is nobody here. So we just worked on being really casual and I got him to dance even tho he gets really nervous....So it was a good confidence-building exercise! We text like 50 times a night whenever we are sarging separately. Last night I was freaking out about this HB9 and I hesitated for a few moments, but then I opened the set with the gay opener and it worked like a charm. I was in set for about 30-40 minutes. She even came back later to chat more. Unfortunately I was out with a bunch of guys, including several naturals, so I lost the close at the end. It was a really good experience. I find it hard to really push the close when I'm not personally attracted to a girl. I am really not into blonde's very much....I know it's strange! Anyways, the point is I opened that set because I wanted to tell my wing all about it. And it worked. I def recommend working with a wing, even if they aren't always out with you. It puts me in the right frame of mind. There are about 3 dudes who live closer and want to wing with me, but they are young and talk too much big game for me. It's like they talk about opening 100s of sets but never closing. I only count closes. If I go out and don't get a number or at least a kiss on the cheek I feel so lame. Anyways, I think we are meeting up today to try out Day Game together. I've never done this so it will be a new experience. It's what he really wants to get good at, while I really want to hone my rave game....which I'll explain in my next Angel Wings post!

0 comments:

Smell My Blog - Template Design | Elque 2007